Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Kwa heri!

Okay, I guess you’ve probably heard enough about our vacation for now. Tomorrow we’ll jump back into Juba stuff, but I thought I would end our vacation recaps with a few last pictures…


Cityscape of Stonetown from our rooftop deck


Our Spice Tour guide/farmer showing us "local lipstick"


John getting decked out in his Spice Tour garb. Does anyone else think John looks creepily like a certain embattled North African dictator in this picture? Any guesses who I'm thinking of?


Us drinking tea at a rooftop restaurant and imagining we were in a story from Arabian Nights


I realize that after my whole post about the beach, this picture is totally gratuitous, but I just love looking at it!


Sunset over the Indian Ocean on our last night in Zanzibar


Asante sana, Zanzibar! We'll be back!

View from the car window driving into Juba. Trash, AK-47s, and home sweet home.

Now we’re back. You know… though Juba isn’t nearly as pretty or fun as Zanzibar, for now at least, it’s home. And as great as this vacation was, coming home is good too.

-Stephanie

No comments:

Post a Comment