Monday, September 5, 2011

Life is Funny

This past week, life has been very emotional. We’ve been oscillating between the highs of seeing God provide for us in some really beautiful and rich ways and the lows of bad news from home and our adopted home here. In the midst of all this depth of feeling, I thought what would be better than just some funny, light-hearted Sudan-English quotes from some of our friends and colleagues! Enjoy.


From a meeting about livelihood activities:

“Growing vegetables and then selling them… it’s like having a cow. It’s like having a cow in another form!” (Ummm, like money?)


From an exclamation of gratitude when we gave a friend a gift:

“Look how I am winning!”


From someone explaining how cold it was last night:

“I had to cover!” (Translation: Use a sheet to sleep under. Yeah, it’s really cold.)


From an excuse on why something was not finished on time:

“I have overworked my head.”


From a thank you email:

“I will continue to owe you prayers that will make you live on this planet almost for the rest of your life.”


-Stephanie

Photo courtesy of Monkey-Pictures.Net to illustrate what some other people probably thought was the funniest part of their week- seeing me run away from a BITING monkey by our favorite lunch spot!

No comments:

Post a Comment