Thursday, September 15, 2011

Where in South Sudan is...

South Sudanese Person #1: Moneen!* How are you?
South Sudanese Person #2: I've been moving up and down! It was so so busy.
1: Yeah, I know how Yirol. But you are here now?
2: Yes, I am here. Last week we were at my relatives' place in Pigi County, but the rain really Torit up.  I was sleeping and woke up with my Buthi under water! There was so much mud.
1: Wau, and your Buthi is mountainous. Could you move?
2: Thank you. But no, we were just stuck. I wasn't even moving. It was just a Bor.
1: How did you get out?
2: We got one of those vehicles, but still we almost lost Aweil.  
1: But you are here now?
2: Yes, I am here.
1: Yei! You are most welcome.
2: Thank you. Say, have you ever heard of Ramciel?
1: Never.
2: Even me. But they're moving our capital there. What do you think?


*i.e. A remarkably good imitation of most English-speaking people saying, "Good morning."
- John

1 comment: