This weekend in a flurry of Christmas cheer, John and I made a bunch of paper snowflakes to hang on our residence door, along with a paper mistletoe on the door frame and a star of Bethlehem on the window. Making this all from locally available office supplies was no Christmas cake walk, but we persevered.
I was so hopped up on holly jollys that I decided to hang a snowflake on my office door too. Yeah. Major snowflake fail.
I should have known when I got no compliments all Monday that people were not getting it, but it took me until this afternoon when a co-worker complimented me on my "nice flower" that I realized nobody has any idea what that is.
I started to explain it, but quickly realized an explanation was pretty impossible to someone who has no experience with:
a.) Children's Christmas crafts
b.) American holiday rules that dictate it is okay for fully-grown, professional, otherwise "serious" people to decorate their work space with children's Christmas crafts
c.) Snow
Sigh. Two weeks until I plug in John's ipod and jingle all the way home.
-Stephanie
I was so hopped up on holly jollys that I decided to hang a snowflake on my office door too. Yeah. Major snowflake fail.
I should have known when I got no compliments all Monday that people were not getting it, but it took me until this afternoon when a co-worker complimented me on my "nice flower" that I realized nobody has any idea what that is.
I started to explain it, but quickly realized an explanation was pretty impossible to someone who has no experience with:
a.) Children's Christmas crafts
b.) American holiday rules that dictate it is okay for fully-grown, professional, otherwise "serious" people to decorate their work space with children's Christmas crafts
c.) Snow
Sigh. Two weeks until I plug in John's ipod and jingle all the way home.
-Stephanie
So glad to hear you took me up on the snowflake idea! Sorry to hear you extended it to your office :).
ReplyDelete