Thursday, March 24, 2011

See ya!

Three months is not a very long time, but man, here it sort of feels like it. I won’t exaggerate our suffering because seriously we have it better than about 99% of people in this country, but to people who are used to a very different environment, it can be tiring to live here, specifically to live the humanitarian worker lifestyle here.

And this week… I’m just done. I’m sick of working all the time and still not getting everything done. I’m sick of tracking my husband’s work travel on UN security maps. I’m sick of being dirty. I’m sick of living with all my co-workers. I’m sick of never knowing if the water/internet/stove is going to work. I’m sick of people getting mad at me for holding them to their contracts. I’m sick of the heat. I’m sick of my clothes disappearing in the laundry. I’m sick of hopping over a sewage stream every time I leave the compound. I’m just sick of Juba.

But next week, it will all be okay. Because I am going to be here:

Zanzibar. Sigh.

With that we’re signing off for the next week or so! Talk to you later when I will hopefully be a much more relaxed and better rested lady.

-Stephanie

No comments:

Post a Comment