Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Five more!

Welp, I finished my next five books. Like last time, I’ll give you a tweet-length review, just to get you interested.


The Mysterious Affair at Styles AND The Secret Adversary, both by Agatha Christie

Tweet review: Agatha Christie = Awesome. Agatha Christie read aloud by your husband in a weirdly good British accent = Awesomely awesome.




Little Bee by Chris Cleave

Tweet review: Takes a hard look at what responsibilities the rich and safe of this world have to, well, everyone else. Tough, heartbreaking, true.





The Sisters who would be Queen by Leanda de Lisle

Tweet review: Meh, British history. Kinda interesting, kinda boring. Would have been better with a little less death & a little more cake, if you ask me.





Our Kind by Kate Walbert

Tweet review: A book of vignettes about aging, country clubbing women is funny at first, but ultimately frustrating. Still, almost the entire book is in the collective voice (we), which was interesting enough to keep me reading.





I’m also about 75% done with a fascinating book on the American civil rights movement, but that book deserves way more than a tweet review. I’ll write more when I’m done!

­-Stephanie

3 comments:

  1. What's wrong with British history? Oh, only the fact that its a few millennium older than American history, takes place all over the world, and has amazing moments like the battle of Trafalgar? You're right, so boring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, I thought you might have something to say about that review. But you know, you're right. British history is very unique. I would be hard pressed to name a country whose history is as simultaneously bloody AND fancy. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I understand that this may cause some controversy, but: China.

    ReplyDelete