A scene from the compound today: John and I are sitting around the room on our laptops...S: Yo, I want a hot fudge sundae BAD.
J: Yeah, that sounds good.
(Silence.)
S: No, but really. With peanut butter sauce and crushed up peanut butter cups. And whipped cream.
J: (turning around) Yup, sounds good.
(Ten minutes pass.)
S: BROWNIEEEEEEE!
J: Sorry, sweetie.
(Fifteen minutes later.)
S: I mean, it wouldn't be so bad if I couldn't have dessert right now, but I knew I could have it soon... like sometime later this week.
J: Uh huh.
S: But I CAN'T! I won't get dessert for MONTHS!
J: Mmmhmmm.
(Another ten minutes pass.)
S: When we leave Sudan I'm going to eat dessert EVERY night.
J: Every night? That's gross.
S: (glare)
J: Want an apple?
S: (glare)
J: What!?! Apples are good!
S: That's it. I'm going to All Recipes!
And I did. And I found these cookies. Three ingredients: peanut butter, sugar, and an egg. And I have a feeling that a certain husband of mine would be happy to crush up a chocolate bar to mix in too. If only so he can get some work done.
-Stephanie
Photo courtesy of Bakerella. Because she is wonderful and I like to torture myself.
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteStephanie, I love you!
ReplyDelete