P: People say you and John are brother and sister.
S: We’re not.
P: Even me, I was doubting! But you are looking SO the same. And you are walking and talking the same also.
S: Really? I mean, John and I look and act more alike than [I listed off a couple of American colleagues] ?
P: Oh, yes. You both are SO, so polite by the way. Many people are saying he is your brother.
S: He’s not. He has his own sister. Though, come to think of it, I do look more like his sister than his real sister does.
P: UH-huhhhhhh. So he IS having a sister?
S: Yeah, one sister.
(Pause.)
It isn’t me.
P: Yes.
Rumors aside, am I missing something here… I mean, do we really look THAT much alike?
Uh oh. MOMMMM?!?!?
Stephanie, you are too cute!! I miss you!! Folks often marry someone who resembles them. As you live together you begin to look even more alike due to shared mannerisms and styles. You guys have not been married long, but you have been together for a while and I'm sure you do have a lot in common. Just remind those who wonder that you cry and John doesn't, maybe that will convince them. :-)
ReplyDelete